YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 8, 2013

My college problem.

The Backstory: So I'm gonna be a senior in the fall and senior year heavily revolves around college. It a new standard that is pushed on young people today that you must go to college. I actually have a family that could care less if I go to college but I still want to to go because I know my crappy public school education isn't enough to prepare me for the type of job that going to pay me the money I want to be making. I've always been lower class and I hate it. I know I have sooo much more than those in third world countries but compared to even non-immediate  family members I don't have a lot. I've always dreamed of having a life where I can buy some of the things that I want.


The Problem: These last 2 years I've been living with my mom again and my grades haven't been so great. When I was living with other family freshman year I got decent grades. California has strict admission requirements and I have plans to make up all but one of my Ds. I was supposed to make it up this summer but I guess I turned in my application for summer school too late and I didn't get in. That one D is completely disqualifies me for all public schools in the state. My other big reason or college is the ability to move away. That is why I don't want to go to the CC in my area. 



The kind of solution:The only thing that's keeping me from having a complete break down is that a few California CCs have dorms or at the very least resources to help students find roommates and a place to live. This means I can still move out like I want and the tuition is cheaper at a CC anyway. I know its small but It keeps me sane.



ily :)

-Rickki


PS:If you want me to write about something leave me a comment. I'd be happy to give my opinion on things. :)


2 comments:

  1. Moving away to go to community college seems like a great idea! Part of me wishes I had done that because it gives you time to get basic classes out of the way and figure out what you want to major in before you transfer, but you still get to be out of the house. Do you have any idea what you might want to study?

    ReplyDelete